Wind

I am the wind
you can’t possess me.
Enclose me and I will smother you.
Try to hold me
and I will become the tree from which is said,
“ they hung.”
I am of the form that slips through your fingers
your clutches, your grasps
I am beyond your intelligence
my structure takes no part in your buildings
and should I stir
everything you’ve built will come down.

I am the wind
my company is hidden within the aerial- the ethereal -
I am the unseen tower all around
I am the clear-liquid-filling beneath the clouds
and above the ground.
I am the spirit that leaves no trace but that of
bent trees, jovial leaves, and a sun-kissed breeze,
and all inhale my presence.

I am the wind
not earthen bound
no strings attached
to my back
but you must stay
as mere clay
with the dust
from which you were made,
susceptible to Disease and Death, who cannot not be appeased.

I am The Wind
Battle me
I’ll always win
too quick for you
unseen by you
un-powered by you
yet having power over you.

How deal you with gravity? Shall you teach me how I?
Tell me, which of your laws restricts me? I can kill at will.

I am The Wind.
You will always, never be
immortal, eternal, all powerful
and unlike you, I will forever be, and have always been
alive.

Mere men are you and offspring of men,
but I?
I Am The Wind.